Sweet olive pickle
- 1 jar 450 gr green OLIVES FROM SPAIN (pitted)
- 3 tbsp Jaggery
- 2 tsp Panch phuron spice mix (fenugreek, cumin, methi, mustard, coriander seeds)
- ¼ cup Mustard oil
Preparation time:30 minutes (plus dehydrating time)
Serves:1 small jar
Level of difficulty:Easy
- Empty the contents of 1 jar of green olives into a colander and let it drain until all the water runs out.
- Once drained, spread out onto a baking tray and bake at 100 degrees for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, place the olives in a blender and roughly grind.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai, once heated add a tsp of panch phuron and let it splutter.
- Once the spices have spluttered, switch off the gas. Add the olives and jaggery.
- Add the rest of the roasted and ground panch phuron and mix well, allowing the jaggery to melt.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for 6 months to a year. Enjoy as a great accompaniment to your meals.