Sumac rubbed grilled chicken
- 15 pcs (50 g) Black and Green OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 5 pcs (40g each) Chicken thighs (boneless)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 5 pcs Whole roasted garlic cloves
- 5 pcs Cherry tomatoes
- 5 pcs Star anise
- 5 pcs Whole dry red chilies
- 1 tbsp Sumac powder
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 5 pcs Basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Red Wine vinegar
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Coarse Sea Salt to taste
Preparation time:1 hour 20 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- Marinate the chicken with Sumac, olive oil and sea salt. Refrigerate in the fridge for an hour.
- In a Cast Iron pan heat oil, add rosemary sprigs, seer the Chicken thighs on both sides. Add star anise, baby onions, cherry tomatoes, green olives, black olives, whole roasted garlic cloves, whole red chilies, torn basil and cook for a minute. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add a dash of red wine vinegar to the pan to deglaze all the flavours from the pan.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve in the cast iron pan itself.