Spanish pimento olive tawa masala
- 15 pc (50 g) Pimento stuffed OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 1 pc Onion (chopped)
- 1 pc Red bell peppers (chopped)
- 3 pcs Tomatoes (chopped)
- 20 g Ginger garlic paste
- 1 pc Green chili (chopped)
- 5 g Ajwain
- 5 g Coriander powder
- 2 g Red chili powder
- 2 g Turmeric powder
- 5 g Garam masala powder
- 20 g Butter
- 5 g Kasuri methi
- 20 g Fresh coriander (chopped)
- Salt to taste
Preparation time:20 minutes
Level of difficulty:Easy
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add them in a blender to make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Melt butter on a tawa or skillet.
- Add the ajwain and the ginger garlic paste till aromatic.
- Add the onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add the green chilli, finely chopped bell pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Stir and sauté for about a minute and add the tomato puree and salt.
- Stir well and sauté till you see butter releasing from the sides and the masala has thickened a bit. This takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
- If the tomato masala looks dry, then add 1 or 2 tbsp of water and continue to sauté.
- Add the Spanish pimento olives then add the crushed kasuri methi. Stir very well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.