- 100 g Green OLIVES FROM SPAIN (halved)
- 350 g potatoes (thin cubes)
- 100 gr onion (finely sliced)
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 large white onions, finely sliced
- 5 pcs medium eggs
- Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preparation time:45 minutes
Level of difficulty:Easy
- in a large flat non sticky pan (23cm), heat the olive oil (over medium heat) and fry the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat for 10 minutes until soft. Stir from time to time till it gets soft and translucent.
- Add the potato cubes and fry for a few minutes over medium heat. cover the pan with the lid and let it cook over medium low heat for 15-20 min. Stir from time to time.
- Remove the lid and heat the mixture for a few minutes over medium-high heat so the potatoes get crispy. Keep stirring from time to time. when it’s done, remove the pan from the fire and let it sit.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and gently add in the warm potatoes and onions and the olives. Let all the flavors blend together for 20 min.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and pour in the egg mixture. Swirl the pan over medium heat and let it cook until it starts to set around the edges, in the middle it may be still loose.
- Cover the pan with a large dish that fits just within the pan and flip the tortilla carefully onto it, it may still be quite runny. Slide the tortilla back into the pan to cook the other side then put the pan back on a low heat. Use a spatula to tuck the edges of the tortilla under. Cook for 5-10 minutes till the center gets cooked. Remember to swirl the pan over so that the tortilla doesn't stick to the pan.
- Turn onto a plate and serve.