Spanish olive and fig stew
- 15 pc (50 g) Sliced green OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 100 g Fresh Figs (ripe)
- 2 pcs Garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 pcs Star anise
- 2 tsp Sweet paprika powder
- 50 ml Olive oil
- 2 pc Tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Black pepper to taste
- 100 ml Orange juice
- 100 ml Red wine
- 6 pcs Capers
Preparation time:20 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- In a saucepan poach the fresh figs with orange juice and red wine reduction along with the star anise for 5-6 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic and onion. Heat oil in another pan and add chopped garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Stir fry.
- Add the sliced olives, the capers and the poached figs. Let it cook in a low flame.
- Adjust seasonings (season salt, pepper) and add fine herbs, parsley and cook till its set
- Add garnish of olives and fresh herbs.