Sabudana vada with olives from Spain
- 15 pc (50 g) Sliced black OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 100 g Sabudana
- 2 pcs Potatoes (boiled)
- 20 g Roasted peanuts
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 10 g Crushed black pepper
- 2 pcs Green chilies (chopped)
- 15 g Fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml Pure olive oil
- Salt to taste
Preparation time:45 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- Soak the sabudana in a generous amount of water overnight. Drain the excess amount of water and spread them in a sieve.
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a big bowl.
- Add the drained sabudana, peanuts, green chilies, Spanish black olives, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper powder.
- Mix very well and add 1 tbsp of oil and handful thinly chopped coriander leaves and set aside.
- Divide the sago mixture (sabudana) into portions and flatten each of them between the palms of your hands.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan, when the oil seems hot enough then drop a few vadas at a time in hot oil.
- Fry on medium high flame until it turns into golden brown in color. Drain on oil absorbent paper before serving.