Portobello mushroom with olives and cauliflower cous cous
- 200 g Cauliflower florets
- 10 pcs Green OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 2 tbsp Raisins soaked in warm water for 10 mins
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts
- 150 g Assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 Large Portobello mushrooms, wiped clean
- 100 ml Thick cream
- 75 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time:30 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- For the couscous put the cauliflower in a mixer and pulse until it is very finely minced. Tip it into a sieve and steam it for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and mix in the olives, raisins, and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 200C. To make the creamy mushrooms, grill the Portobello mushrooms with some olive oil and butter. Cool them down and slice.
- In a frying pan, add butter and heat until it turns brown colour. Add the mushrooms and rosemary and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the Portobello mushrooms and cream. Simmer until the cream is reduced and thickened, then take it off heat and stir in the vinegar and soy sauce.
- Simmer further until the cream just coats the mushrooms. Sprinkle in some of the chopped parsley.
- Serve them together!