Spicy Cashew dip with green olives
- ½ cup green OLIVES FROM SPAIN (pitted)
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashew nuts soaked for an hour and drained
- ¼ cup filtered water, plus more as needed
- 1-2 pcs garlic clove
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes or 1 green chilli for more heat and fresh flavour
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Preparation time:15 minutes (plus soaking time)
Level of difficulty:Easy
- Put all the ingredients (except those of the last line) and blend together. Check the consistency, add a little more water if you wish it to be slightly more runny.
- Transfer into a bowl, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle some red chilli powder and top with a few whole olives to garnish
- Serve with crackers, vegetable crudités or pita bread. Can even be used as a salad dressing or sandwich spread.