Olive bhindi masala
- 30 pc (100 g) Black OLIVES FROM SPAIN (pitted)
- 250 g Bhindi
- 30 ml Pure Olive Oil
- 3 g Coriander powder
- 3 g Red chili powder
- 3 g Turmeric powder
- 1 pc Green chili (chopped)
- 2 pcs Tomatoes (chopped)
- 5 g Cumin seed
- 5 g Mustard seeds
- 2 pcs Onions (chopped)
- Salt to taste
Preparation time:30 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once hot, toss in the cumin and mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Once they stop spluttering, add green chili and onions. Stir-fry on medium heat until browned. Remove from heat and keep aside in a plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup of oil in the same wok.
- Add the chopped bhindi and stir-fry for a few minutes until cooked.
- Remove the bhindi from the heat once it is fried and lightly browned.
- Add the sautéed onion mixture back to the wok and toss in the fried bhindi. Mix well to combine and let it cook for a minute on medium heat. Add all the masala powders and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, Spanish black olives, mix well and cover the wok. Let the flavors blend well and the tomatoes cook until softened. This takes about 7 minutes.
- Uncover, add salt and mix well.Allow to cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with rotis.