Mint and olive pilaf with potatoes
- 15 pc (50 g) Sliced black OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 300 ml Water
- 30 ml Pure olive oil
- 1 pc Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 pc Potato (peeled and cut dices)
- 10 g Ginger (chopped)
- 20 g Mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 pc Green chili (chopped)
- 15 g Cumin seeds (toasted and crushed coarsely)
- Salt to taste
Preparation time:40 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion for about 5 to 7 minutes until brown.
- Add the potato, Spanish sliced black Olives, ginger, half the mint, and the green chili and cook, stir for about 2 minutes
- Add the rice and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the water and the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover the pan, and cook until the rice is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the rice rest for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle the roasted cumin and the remaining mint leaves on top and serve.