Makhana topped with chili black olive powder
- 1 ½ tbsp of black OLIVES FROM SPAIN powder (see below)
- 2 cups makhana (75gms) (fox nuts or lotus seeds)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder (or required)
- 2 to 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil or ghee
- salt to taste
Preparation time:15 minutes
Level of difficulty:Easy
- Heat a pan, then add the makhana.
- Dry roast for 10-12 minutes. It should be crunchy.
- Once nice and crunchy, move some of the makhana to one side of the pan and add the oil or ghee. It should be added to the pan and not on top of the makhana.
- Add the turmeric, chilli, salt, lemon
- Switch off the gas and mix everything well together so that the oil and spices coat the makhana well.
- Finally add the black olive powder and mix it all again.
- Transfer into a bowl, sprinkle a little more black olive powder and serve.