Labneh Stuffed Lentil Kibbeh
- 10 pcs (40 g) Black OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 1 cup Yellow lentils (channa dal)
- 1 pcs Onion small, chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Mint, chopped
- 1 cup Hung curd/Labneh
- 150 ml Vegetable oil
MANGO CHILI DRESSING
- 2 tbsp Mango, pureed
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Coarse salt
Preparation time:20 minutes
Level of difficulty:Easy
- Place the lentils and water in a pot over low heat and simmer for about 30 min (cover the pot only partially) until the lentils are thoroughly cooked and there is a bit of cooking water left in the pot.
- Pour the cooked lentils into a strainer and let it drain over a bowl and cool down at the same time.
- Combine lentils, chopped onion, and spices and hand mix to form a dough-like mixture. Add breadcrumbs if required to bind mixture.
- Take about 2 tbsp of the lentil dough and shape them into cones.
- With your finger form a whole in the bottom, fill it in with about 1 tsp of curd and one black olive.
- Seal the stuffed dough ball from the bottom and make the shape of the kibbeh flat from the bottom and conical from top so that it stands.
- Place the shaped kibbeh side by side on a plate or board and heat up the oil.
- Deep-fry till golden all over. Drain on a paper towel and serve.
- In a mixer grinder add all the ingredients of the mango chili dressing, season with salt and make a smooth dressing.
- Serve the kibbeh along with the mango chili dressing.