Black olive kulcha
- 400 g Black Pitted Olives from Spain
- 400 g Maida / Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 80 g Jalapenos
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 40 g Curd
- 20 ml Milk
Preparation time:30 minutes
Level of difficulty:medium
- Place olives in a tray to dehydrate them in an oven at 60-70ºC for about 4-5 hrs or in a dehydrator at 40ºC for about a day.
- Make a powder of the dried olives in a blender.
- Knead a soft kulcha dough by mixing the maida, olive powder, curd, milk, baking powder & soda and salt.
- Make sure that the dough looks grey or preferably black in color. Keep the dough aside for proofing.
- After half an hour, portion out the dough into the required size of balls. Roll the balls flat and top them with sliced jalapenos, pressing them gently a bit like a Focaccia Bread.
- Now bake them on a Pan, Tandoor or in an Oven at 180 degrees for about 15 min.
- Apply Olive oil on top once cooked well.