Baingan and olive bharta
- 30 pc (100 g) Green OLIVES FROM SPAIN (pitted)
- 2-3 pc Eggplants (roasted and smashed)
- 30 ml Pure Olive Oil
- 1 pc Onion (sliced)
- 10 g Ginger garlic paste
- 5 g Garam masala
- 2 pcs Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 pcs Green chilies (chopped)
- 20 g Coriander (chopped)
- Salt to taste
Preparation time:45 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- Roast the eggplants over an open flame until tender. Let them cool down, peel away the burnt skin and chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and onion. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, Spanish green olives, and tomato in the saucepan, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Mix in the chopped eggplant and season with salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander to serve.